If you’re looking for a well made, lightweight travel crib your choice most likely comes down to two options
Read on to learn which option is best for you.
Lotus Travel Crib vs. Baby Bjorn Light
The right travel crib must not only have features that make it comfortable and safe for your baby, but it should also be convenient and easy for you to use and carry around. Let’s take a closer look at both these travel cribs.
Overview of the Key Differences
Let’s start the comparison by highlighting the major differences between these two travel cribs:
- The Lotus crib offers maximum safety for your baby as it has earned the GreenGuard Gold Certified, which means the crib underwent rigorous tests that guarantee it is non-toxic.
- The Baby Bjorn crib is also safe for your baby and has been approved as per the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification, which means it doesn’t contain any harmful or allergenic materials.
- Both cribs come with a carry-on bag. However, the backpack style bag that comes with the Lotus crib makes it more convenient for you to carry it around wherever you go, leaving your hands free.
- The BabyBjorn travel crib provides a high comfort level to babies as it comes with a mattress that is thicker than any other travel crib.
- The Lotus crib has a zipped side door that makes it easy for you to lay down with your baby, nurse them, and play with them.
Lotus Travel Crib Overview
Lotus Everywhere Travel Crib is specifically designed for complete portability and convenience. It is lightweight and sturdy, making it an ideal crib for traveling.
The crib has a side zipper, which is convenient for playtime with your baby while also making it easy for you to transfer your baby in and out without the need to bend.
It gives a new meaning to portable cribs or playpens with its zipped side door, which you can use to snuggle up your child to help them sleep at night or play with them during the day.
Read our Lotus Travel Crib review.
Pros of Lotus Travel Crib:
- Its portability makes it a breeze to carry around while on the go.
- It features mesh sides that make the crib breathable for your baby and makes it easy for you to keep a constant eye on them.
- The setup of the crib is pretty easy and quick
- The mattress can be secured with Velcro tabs, which make the crib stable and prevent any potential sliding.
- It works both as a napping and play area for your baby and toddler.
Cons of Lotus Travel Crib:
- The zipper makes a sound, which can wake up your baby if they are a light sleeper.
- The mattress included in this crib is too thin, which might not be very comfortable for the baby.
- While the set up is easy, the Baby Bjorn crib is faster than this crib to assemble.
- Placing a sheet on the mattress might be difficult as the corners tend to get slightly pulled up.
Following are some of the unique features of this crib:
- Zipped side door – as mentioned before, this is one of its best features, which is a rare feature in most lightweight cribs.
- Eco-health and safety – the Greenguard gold standard certification indicates that this crib has been thoroughly tested for chemical emissions and has passed with flying colors. Most importantly, this is the only crib to receive this rigorous certification, giving it 10 out of 10 for eco-health.
- Backpack carry-case – this is another unique feature of this crib. It can be carried around like a backpack, which makes it easy for you to carry your baby and handle the rest of the luggage.
- Price and size – the price of this crib is reasonable, considering its high quality, safety, and convenience. It weighs only 13 lbs and the size of the mattress is 42 x 24-inch. This makes it highly compact when it is folded to carry around easily.
Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light Overview
Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light is also a great option, which is not only portable but also eco-friendly. The crib has a sturdy frame with mesh sides, which makes it stable and breathable. It comes with a carry-on bag with sturdy and comfortable handles. The crib can be easily and quickly folded and placed in the bag, which gives it a plus point.
The fabrics used in this crib have been tested and approved as per the Oeko-Tex Standard, making it free from allergens and harmful substances.
Pros of Baby Bjorn Travel Crib:
Following are some of the pros of this travel crib:
- It has a net side panel so you can keep a watch on your baby at all times.
- The mattress is easily removable and machine washable.
- This travel crib is also super light and can be folded up, making it rather portable.
- The sides of the crib are also made from mesh, which means you can keep an eye on your baby. It also gives your baby a breathable, comfortable and airy area to sleep and play in.
Cons of Baby Bjorn Travel Crib:
Following are some of the cons of this travel crib:
- The price of this travel crib is higher as compared to the other travel cribs offering similar benefits.
- The walls of the crib are higher, making it slightly difficult for you to bend and place your baby inside.
- It doesn’t come with a sheet.
- This crib doesn’t have a zipped side door.
- The carry-on bag is convenient, but the Lotus backpack makes it easier for the parents to carry around the crib.
Following are some of the unique features of this crib:
Comfort – This Baby Bjorn travel crib has a much higher comfort level than other cribs due to its thick mattress. It is pretty soft and firm to provide an ideal cushioning for your baby to sleep on.
Easy Setup – this crib has a very simple, easy to follow set up, which makes it super convenient for you to pack and unpack while you travel. There aren’t any legs or other parts to assemble as it quickly pops open when you take it out of the bag.
Price and size – the price of the crib is slightly higher than the Lotus travel crib. It also weighs 13 lbs and the size of the mattress is 32 x 44 x 24 inches.
Eco-friendliness – the crib is eco-friendly and free from harmful substances. It has been approved by the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification.
Which Is Right For You?
Let’s break it down further to determine which crib is right for you.
These cribs offer higher safety as compared to the travel cribs by other brands. However, while Baby Bjorn has Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification, the Lotus travel crib has the highest safety score. It is the only crib which is GreenGuard Gold Certified.
Therefore, if the safety of the crib is your top priority and you want to ensure that the travel crib you use is non-toxic, then Lotus is perfect for you.
Again, both these travel cribs are portable as they come with a carry-on bag.
The Baby Bjorn easily folds into a briefcase-style carry bag, which is around 5.5” inches wide. It has soft handles that are sturdy enough not to rip off easily. On the other hand, the Lotus travel crib comes with a backpack-style carry case, which is a bit wider than 7” inches.
The main difference is the construction of the carry cases. The one that comes with the Lotus travel crib gives you a hands-free option, which can be a major life-saver while tackling luggage and carrying your baby during your travels.
If you are looking for high portability and convenience, then you should go with the Lotus travel crib.
Ease of Setup
When you are traveling, easy setup and takedown is one of the top factors for travel cribs. You might be on the go every day, which means you don’t want to get stick with a travel crib which takes ages to set up and fold.
Fortunately, both Lotus and Baby Bjorn travel cribs are designed for fast and easy setup. You can assemble and fold these cribs quickly to provide your baby a comfortable space to rest and play. Both cribs have all the parts built-in, so there isn’t a need to spend time building the crib. Instead they can easily be deployed in a few seconds as soon as they are out of the bag.
However, the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib is a few seconds faster to set up as compared to the Lotus crib. Moreover, it has easy an folding, clicking and securing feature that can be done quickly.
If easy setup is your priority, then opt for the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib.
These travel cribs are designed to enhance the safety and comfort levels of your baby. Both products have mesh sides, making them breathable for your child and easy for you to keep an eye out for them.
The one major design feature that is a big difference between these two travel cribs is the zipped side door! Almost the entire side of the crib unzips and opens up to make it easy for you to place your baby inside or cuddle up.
This feature also makes this crib a fun play area for your baby or toddler. It gives your child more room and freedom to move around and play, making it a less confined area.
When it comes to design, the zipped side door of the Lotus travel crib enhances its functionality and makes it superior to the Baby Bjorn travel crib.
Lastly, both of these brands are extremely reliable and offer high quality products. However, the Baby Bjorn crib offers a two-year warranty, whereas Lotus offers a one-year warranty.
Although both Lotus Travel Crib and Baby Bjorn Travel Crib have numerous similarities, the former is a reliable option when the two are compared.
The zipped side door of Lotus makes it easy to interact with your baby or toddler as compared to bending over the Baby Bjorn crib. The backpack-style carry case is highly convenient for you to carry around on the go, leaving your hands free to tackle other luggage and carry your baby.
Indeed, a right travel crib for you would be based on your unique needs and requirements. Both these cribs are rated among the top reliable and safe travel cribs for babies and toddlers. Therefore, you can select either one of them, based on your preferences on size, versatility and cost.